One of the "perks" that you get when you register with the RDA (besides the primary one - access to data) is that everything related to your data access activities can be presented to you in a convenient dashboard. To access the dashboard, sign in to the RDA and then click the "dashboard" link at the top of the page next to your username:
In your dashboard, you will see several sections, as shown below:
Click the "Edit/Change Profile" button to open your user profile and make changes to it. You can change your email address, password, and affiliation, and you can gain access to restricted data (if you meet the requirements for access).
In this section, you will see a list of all of the datasets that you have bookmarked. You can click a dataset title in the list to go directly to that dataset.
You can bookmark a dataset by clicking the hollow star next to the dataset ID (under the title) on a dataset description page:
Customized Data Requests
Customized data requests are special requests for data that you make. These may be subsets of the data, staging of files that only reside in our tape archive, or requests to convert from the native data format to some other format. You can manage various aspects of your data requests from the dashboard:
- Click the calendar to change the "Available Until" date. By default, data from special requests are purged (removed) from our server 5 days after they are prepared. You can extend the date by as much as two weeks, and you may request multiple extensions.
- Click the "X" if you have finished downloading your data and you want to remove the request from your list (this will also remove the data from our server).
- Click the envelope if you have any questions about your request. This will allow you to send a message to the dataset specialist.
You can navigate to your data request by clicking either the request number or the status (if the status is "Completed").
Globus Endpoints Shared With You
If you have requested any Globus transfers, for whole datasets and/or your customized data requests, then the shares will appear in this list. To start a data transfer, you can navigate to Globus by clicking the URL for a particular share. You can delete shares that you no longer need by clicking the "X".
Customized OPeNDAP Aggregations
Any customized OPeNDAP aggregations that you have created will appear here. You can copy and paste the URL of your aggregation into your OPeNDAP aware tools and scripts. You also can manage your aggregations:
- Click the magnifying glass to see more detailed information about your aggregation
- Click the "X" to delete the aggregation from your list (this will also remove the aggregation from our server)
- Click the blue circle arrow to extend the expiration of your aggregation. Note that this option will only be available if the current date is within 7 days of the aggregation expiration. Aggregations, by default, expire 28 days after they are created, unless you request an extension. You may request multiple extensions.
We strongly encourage users to cite their data source(s) in published literature. Two key components of a data citation are the dataset title and the access date. You can use our data citation tool to get a citation for your data that you can use in your publication:
If you know the dataset, click the "By Dataset" tab.
- You will see a list of all datasets that you have downloaded from the RDA. Click the specific dataset that you want to cite. You will then see a year/month calendar for all of your accesses. For many accesses over time, the suggestion is to choose the most recent access. Click the month to get a calendar for that month. When you click a specific day, a data citation will be generated.
If you know the approximate date, click the "By Date" tab.
- You will see a year/month calendar showing you when and how many times you downloaded data from the RDA. Click the month that you downloaded the data that you want to cite. You will then see a list of datasets that you downloaded in that month. Hopefully you will recognize that dataset that you want to cite from this list. Click the specific dataset to get a calendar for the month, and then once you click a specific day, a data citation will be generated.
Over time as we develop new services, you will see new sections appear in the dashboard. So when you need more time to download a dataset subset that you have requested, or you want to jump quickly to a dataset that you have previously used (and bookmarked), remember the RDA user dashboard.